1. Tolmers Scout Camp and Activity Centre is referred to in this document as ‘Tolmers’. A ‘Booking’ refers to a request by a group or individual to hire the campsite, accommodation or activity facilities at Tolmers. A booking may also include activities undertaken with our partner suppliers whilst at Tolmers. The ‘Group Leader’ refers to the individual with whom Tolmers deals with in relation to a booking. Tolmers will regard the Group Leader as having final responsibility for all matters relating to a booking, including payment of fees. ‘The Warden’ refers to the Warden of Tolmers and/or the Deputy Warden , Site Administrator or any person working on or behalf of Tolmers Scout Camp.
2. A booking for a camp, accommodation, day visit and/or an activity at Tolmers can be reserved for two weeks by phone, fax or email. The booking form and deposit must be received within this period for the booking to be confirmed. A receipt confirming the booking will be sent to the Group Leader.
3. All prices exclude VAT at the current rate. Where applicable, VAT at the current rate will be added to fees.
4. The deposit specified in the price list must accompany all bookings. The deposit is not refundable.
5. The final payment for a booking must be made before the booking ends unless arrangements for delayed payment have been made in advance between the Warden and the Group Leader. In such cases, the final payment for a booking must be made by the date agreed.
6. Late payments will incur a charge of £10.00 plus interest at the rate of 10% per week or part thereof.
7. Payments may be made by cash or by a cheque issued by your group or organisation. All cheques should be made payable to ‘Tolmers Scout Camp’ and crossed ‘Account Payee only’. Personal cheques and credit cards are not accepted. Receipts will be issued for all payments in respect of bookings. Any cheques returned not cleared by our bankers will be subject to a £25.00 charge.
8. Failure to comply with our payment terms may result in your booking being cancelled and you being liable for the total cost. Any alterations in numbers or activities just before or on the day of the booking will be added to the total and a final invoice will be issued to you before the end of your booking. This is payable by the end of your booking.
9. Cancellations must be made in writing to Tolmers. The acknowledgement sent by Tolmers will state the effective date of the cancellation In the event of a cancellation the following charges will apply: • More than 60 days before commencement date – Loss of deposit • 60 – 31 days before commencement date – 50% of total cost • 30 – 8 days before commencement date –75% of total cost • 7 – 1 days before commencement date – 100% total cost • On or after the commencement date – 100% total cost
10. The percentages listed above refer to the total cost of the booking. However, the deposit will be forfeited in full even if it should be more than the subsequent total due. Note: Insurance to cover cancellation should be arranged.
11. Tolmers reserves the right to cancel, alter, or delay any camp, course, accommodation or activity where forced to do so by circumstances beyond our control, such as serious illness, severe weather or any other circumstances which would subject Tolmers or any of its employees or any of its participants to danger.
12. Tolmers reserves the right to send away from a camp or activity, any person who in their judgement is found to be unmanageable or a danger to the safety or enjoyment of others. In this event no refund will be given. Any additional costs and responsibility involved in removing the participant will be borne by the group.
13. Participants must be physically fit to take part in camps and activities at Tolmers and free from any illness or conditions that may render the camp or activity hazardous. Participants in water-based activities must be able to swim 50 metres fully clothed as specified by Scout Association rules. It is the responsibility of the Group Leader to ensure that only those who comply with this rule participate in water activities. Other activities may require the wearing of safety equipment, such as helmets or buoyancy aids. Where such equipment is specified by Tolmers, participants must wear it at all times during the activity. Certain activities are only suitable for specific age groups and these age restrictions must be adhered to. Tolmers accepts no responsibility when groups fail to adhere to these rules.
14. Some activities are potentially dangerous if not skilfully managed. Safety must therefore be paramount and all participants must accept that the decision of the activity instructor is final and must at all times be accepted by the participants. Tolmers will accept no liability for problems arising from failure to accept and/or respond to the authority and instructions of the instructor.
15. Any and all photographs, videos, or other recorded media may be used by Tolmers for marketing or advertising purposes without any payment or compensation being offered and without any request being made to the featured parties.
16. No Liability is accepted for: • Loss of or damage to any personal property belonging to or travelling with the members of any group. For example watches, jewellery, cameras or clothing • Losses or additional expenses due to delays or changes in travel services, sickness, weather, strikes, riots, war, quarantine or any other cause. • Personal injury or death of any participants however caused unless by proven negligence of the company.
17. In the event of any damages caused by participants to property or equipment in use by Tolmers, except by fair wear and tear, the group will be charged the full replacement cost. Any damages must be reported to a member of Tolmers staff immediately.
18. It is the responsibility of the Group Leader to ensure that all areas (including buildings and campsites) used by their group are left in a clean and tidy condition at the end of a booking.
19. All information given in any literature produced by or on behalf of Tolmers is correct at the time of going to press. It is given in good faith and is intended as a guide to accommodation, camping and activity facilities available and may be altered without notice to suit differing seasonal or other conditions.
20. If you have any complaint during your booking, please notify The Warden’s Office. We will do our utmost to find a speedy and satisfactory solution. In the event that you are not satisfied with the solution please complain in writing to The Warden within 14 days of the end of your booking.
21. For the comfort, health and safety of all concerned, smoking is forbidden during any of the activities. Smoking will only be permitted in smoking areas at relevant times in the programme. Smoking will only be permitted by persons over 16 years of age.
22. NO alcohol may be consumed during any activities. Alcohol may be consumed during leisure time as stated in the programme by persons over the age of eighteen only. Under NO circumstances will anyone under the influence of alcohol be permitted to participate in any activity organised by Tolmers.
23. Tolmers Scout camp is covered by all necessary insurances.
24. It is the responsibility of all leaders to ensure that everyone over the age of 18, staying overnight at Tolmers, are CRB/DBS checkedDownload terms & conditions